This is the multi-page printable view of this section.
Click here to print.
Return to the regular view of this page.
Altinity Kubernetes Operator Release Notes
Altinity Operator Release Notes
Here are the most recent release notes, organized by major release and release date:
2023-06-29 Altinity Kubernetes Operator 0.21.2 Release Notes
1 - Altinity Kubernetes Operator 0.21.2 Release Notes
clickhouse-operator 0.21.2 Release Notes
- Operator and metrics-exporter now automatically select ‘http’ or ‘https’ for connecting to cluster based on cluster configuration
- Changed statefulSet update behaviour to abort the update on failure. That protects the rest of the cluster from a breaking changes
- Removed unneeded operations on persistent volumes
Full Changelog: https://github.com/Altinity/clickhouse-operator/compare/release-0.21.1...release-0.21.2
Download at: https://github.com/Altinity/clickhouse-operator/releases/tag/release-0.21.2
2 - Altinity Kubernetes Operator 0.21.1 Release Notes
clickhouse-operator 0.21.1 Release Notes
# Max number of concurrent CHI reconciles in progress
# Max number of concurrent shard reconciles in progress
# The maximum percentage of cluster shards that may be reconciled in parallel
- Added default configuration for ClickHouse system.trace_log table with 30 days TTL
- ZooKeeper manifests were rewritten to store configuration separately
- Fixed a bug in metrics-exporter that might stop working on ClickHouse nodes with certain types of system.errors. Closes #1161
- Fixed a bug with ClickHouse major version detection for Altinity.Stable builds
Full Changelog: https://github.com/Altinity/clickhouse-operator/compare/release-0.21.0...release-0.21.1
Download at: https://github.com/Altinity/clickhouse-operator/releases/tag/release-0.21.1
3 - Altinity Kubernetes Operator 0.21.0 Release Notes
clickhouse-operator 0.21.0 Release Notes
- Changed the way Operator applies ClickHouse settings. In the previous version, every change in settings required a restart via re-creating a StatefulSet. In this version it does not re-create StatefulSet anymore, but maintains a logic that decide if ClickHouse needs to be restarted in order to pickup a change or not. In case of restart it is performed using scaling stateful set down and up. The restart logic is controlled by configurationRestartPolicy configuration setting. Here is the default configuration:
- version: "*"
- settings/*: "yes"
- settings/dictionaries_config: "no"
- settings/logger: "no"
- settings/macros/*: "no"
- settings/max_server_memory_*: "no"
- settings/max_*_to_drop: "no"
- settings/max_concurrent_queries: "no"
- settings/models_config: "no"
- settings/user_defined_executable_functions_config: "no"
- zookeeper/*: "yes"
- files/config.d/*.xml: "yes"
- files/config.d/*dict*.xml: "no"
- profiles/default/background_*_pool_size: "yes"
- profiles/default/max_*_for_server: "yes"
- version: "21.*"
- settings/logger: "yes"
- Fixed a bug that might result in PDB being deleted
- Fixed propagation of podTemplate environment variables from ClickHouseInstallationTemplate to ClickHouseInstallation
- Fixed propagation of startup probe from ClickHouseInstallationTemplate to ClickHouseInstallation
- Changed Grafana deployment to allow persisting custom dashboards
- Changed ZooKeeper version to 3.8.1
Full Changelog: https://github.com/Altinity/clickhouse-operator/compare/release-0.20.3...release-0.21.0
Download at: https://github.com/Altinity/clickhouse-operator/releases/tag/release-0.21.0
4 - Altinity Kubernetes Operator 0.20.3 Release Notes
clickhouse-operator 0.20.3 Release Notes
- Use alpine base image instead of UBI
- Fix error handling when table already exists in ZooKeeper for new ClickHouse versions
Full Changelog: https://github.com/Altinity/clickhouse-operator/compare/release-0.20.2...release-0.20.3
Download at: https://github.com/Altinity/clickhouse-operator/releases/tag/release-0.20.3
5 - Altinity Kubernetes Operator 0.20.2 Release Notes
clickhouse-operator 0.20.2 Release Notes
- Added ‘hostsCompleted’ to the CHI status and events
- Changed some ‘default’ profile settings:
- Enabled ‘do_not_merge_across_partitions_select_final’
- Set ’load_balancing’ to ’nearest_hostname’
- Set niceness (‘os_thread_priority’) to 2.
- Improved stability of metric-exporter when some ClickHouse nodes are responding slowly
- Changed sequence of LB service creation to avoid a situation when service exists with no available endpoints
- Added ‘secure’ flag at cluster level for enabling distributed queries over TLS
- Addressed CVEs in dependent packages
Note: datatype for ‘secure’ flag has been changed from boolean to String (accepting, ’true’, ‘yes’, ‘1’ etc.)
Full Changelog: https://github.com/Altinity/clickhouse-operator/compare/release-0.20.1...release-0.20.2
Download at: https://github.com/Altinity/clickhouse-operator/releases/tag/release-0.20.2
7 - Altinity Kubernetes Operator 0.20.0 Release Notes
clickhouse-operator 0.20.0 Release Notes
Full Changelog: https://github.com/Altinity/clickhouse-operator/compare/release-0.19.3...release-0.20.0
Download at: https://github.com/Altinity/clickhouse-operator/releases/tag/release-0.20.0
10 - Altinity Kubernetes Operator 0.18.5 Release Notes
clickhouse-operator 0.18.5 Release Notes
- Dependencies were updated to address CVE-2022-21698 and CVE-2021-38561
generate_chart.sh by @ganievs in #925
Full Changelog: 0.18.4-0.18.5
Download at: https://github.com/Altinity/clickhouse-operator/releases/tag/0.18.5
11 - Altinity Kubernetes Operator 0.18.4 Release Notes
clickhouse-operator 0.18.4 Release Notes
- Base image has been updated to address https://access.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2022:0896 (closes #913).
- Https support for health checks by @bkuschel in #912
- Fixed number of SERVERS from 1 to 3 for a 3 node clickhouse-keeper deployment by @a-dot in #902
- clickhouse-keeper and ZooKeeper manifests were updated by @Slach in #911 and #916
Download at: https://github.com/Altinity/clickhouse-operator/releases/tag/0.18.4
12 - Altinity Kubernetes Operator 0.18.3 Release Notes
clickhouse-operator 0.18.3 Release Notes
- Fixed a bug that might result in broken CHI if operator has been restarted during the reconcile
- Added ‘AGE’ to CHI status
- Added ClickHouse Keeper examples
Download at: https://github.com/Altinity/clickhouse-operator/releases/tag/0.18.3
13 - Altinity Kubernetes Operator 0.18.2 Release Notes
clickhouse-operator 0.18.2 Release Notes
- Operator now correctly respects configuration settings to exclude annotations from managed objects. Fixes #859.
- Make CHI status messages more human friendly
Download at: https://github.com/Altinity/clickhouse-operator/releases/tag/0.18.2
14 - Altinity Kubernetes Operator 0.18.1 Release Notes
clickhouse-operator 0.18.1 Release Notes
- fix non pointer mistake in metrics-exporter by @adu-bricks in #870
- Helper files for operatorhub.io integration
Download at: https://github.com/Altinity/clickhouse-operator/releases/tag/0.18.1
15 - Altinity Kubernetes Operator 0.18.0 Release Notes
clickhouse-operator 0.18.0 Release Notes
- arm64 packages are published (closes #852)
- ‘access_management’ can be specified when defining users in CHI.
- k8s secrets can be referenced when defining user passwords. See 05-settings-01-overview.yaml.
- When CRD is deleted, operator keeps all dependent objects now (statefulsets, volumes). That prevents from incidental delete of a cluster.
- When operator restarts it does not run a reconcile cycle anymore if CHI has not been changed. That prevents unneeded pod restarts. (Closes #855)
- Operator configuration file format has been changed. See https://github.com/Altinity/clickhouse-operator/blob/0.18.0/config/config.yaml. Configuration in old format is supported for backwards compatibility.
- Fixed a bug ‘unable to decode watch event: no kind “ClickHouseOperatorConfiguration” is registered’ that could appear in some k8s configurations.
- Removed INFORMATION_SCHEMA from schema propagation. (closes #854)
- Added a containerPort to metrics-exporter (#834)
Download at: https://github.com/Altinity/clickhouse-operator/releases/tag/0.18.0